Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 1,000 staff across eleven offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 80m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We’re looking for an experienced and driven Operations Manager from a Travel background to join our Book with Skyscanner team based out of our Singapore office.
What you can expect:
- Build initial Skyscanner back-end operational team(s) as required including but not limited to: ticketing, settlement, fare filing, fraud etc
- Key Skyscanner contact point for Ctrip and Skyscanner partners on operational issues including onboarding and day-to-day activity
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Ctrip back-end operational processes and procedures relating to both Skyscanner supply and general supply with the aim of understanding customer impact
- Develop knowledge of Skyscanner/Ctrip front-end policies/procedures and how they relate to back-end operations with the aim of improving customer experience.
- Bias to action. You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrixed and relationship-based organisation. An ability to communicate value and influence customer decision makers
- Task Focussed. Ability to prioritise work load and to help advertising team deliver strong NPS with Advertisers/Agencies
- Team player: Excellent relationship management skills, tenacious and a cross function collaborator
- Self-driven: You have fantastic organisational skills, integrity and great follow through. You don’t get overwhelmed easily
- Naturally curious: You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to sell Skyscanner. An appreciation of an international and technology oriented business environment
- Fun: You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-successful sales strategy. A desire and hunger to succeed
- Analytically oriented. You can demonstrate impact and efficiency of interventions on the business. You make data driven decisions that add value
What we are looking for:
- Extensive working experience in the travel industry
- Experience managing travel-related operational function(s) – ticketing, settlement, fare loading, customer service etc
- Knowledge of and preferably working experience in any travel-related operational functions not directly managed
- Experience with in-house, BPO, near-shore and off-shore service models, their strengths and weaknesses and when to use each.
- Preferable experience transferring an in-house team to a BPO/near-shore or off-shore service model.
- Experience working with system software providers/developers in order to identify and drive opportunities for improvement
- Proven ability to lead an operational team to exceptional performance
- Exceptionally strong management, coaching and development skills
- Experience both managing individuals within a team directly and managing managers/team leaders to yield performance from their own teams
- A passion for outstanding customer service
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to massage chairs, to free food, holiday buying scheme as well as frequent townhalls with our CEO. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first.
What you will get in Singapore –
Situated in the heart of Singapore’s central business district Robinson Road, our office is a hub for the Asia pacific markets and has seen and annual increase in traffic to the site of over 350% YOY. The team in Singapore is home to 13 different nationalities across the world and when we are not working hard to find users and partners we can either be found admiring the view from our office or enjoying refreshing drinks nearby at Singapore’s famous Boat Quay. With space to hire many more staff we are excited to welcome our new recruits.
Skyscanner can offer you large scale, complex problems where you can reach 80 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.skyscanner.net.