The Technical Support Engineer provides consistent, world-class security, network, and product support for Tenable products. In serving as the primary liaison between the company and customer, the Technical Support Engineer resolves real-world technical challenges by supporting cutting-edge vulnerability assessment and compliance auditing software across complex, multi-faceted customer deployments.
Our support engineers possess excellent knowledge of security assessment, vulnerability management and compliance auditing capabilities along with the drive to rapidly learn the newest technologies. Impeccable communication skills (written and verbal) focused on sustaining market leading customer loyalty is a key requirement for this position. The Technical Support Engineer provides support for Tenable’s entire product suite; including Nessus, Tenable.sc, Tenable.io, Log Correlation Engine, Passive Vulnerability Scanner. Questions come from a wide variety of sources including customers who need help deploying their first Nessus scanner, to customers who want to perform in-depth log correlation and real-time vulnerability analysis.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the customer and Tenable for technical related issues
- Analyze and clarify customer technical inquiries
- Analyzing vulnerability scan results, system audits, and log events
- Recreating customer software issues in a lab environment
- Ensure customer feedback is properly channeled into Product Management and Research & Development
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of Tenable products and information security best-practices
- Create and publish solution knowledge for re-use by customers and Tenable employees
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 1+ Years Customer Support / Helpdesk Experience
- A passion for making customers successful
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Robust problem-solving skills, the ability to learn from doing, personal accountability, and a positive and professional attitude
- Strong desire to learn new skills at an accelerated pace
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Customer Support / Helpdesk Experience
- Strong knowlegde/experience in :
- Linux and Windows Server Administration and Configuration
- TCP/IP ports and protocols
- Log File Analysis Experience
- Working Knowledge of
- Wireshark/PCAP or similar
- CVE’s and Security Bulletins
- Plus to have the following knowledge/experience :
- Nessus or similar programs
- Patch deployment and system configuration
- Log analysis using Splunk or another SIEM product
- Database technologies and SQL knowledge (Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, etc.)
- Virtualization technology (VMWare, Hyper-V, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Docker, etc.)
- Basic programming knowledge
- Scripting in Bash, Python, Powershell, etc.
- OS Hardening experience (DISA STIGs, HIPPA, CIS, etc)
- Certificates and CAs
- Monthly availability to work weekends (8am-4:30pm) and Holidays is also required.
- Japanese language skills desirable
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above – and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams – that’s not ok. We’re One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable – through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit careers.tenable.com.